Forest School Trial | 18m-4yrs | East Coast Park
Time & Location
About the Event
Why East Coast Park?
East Coast Park has the magic combination of elements which allow for a 'full fat' Forest School experience:
- Trees for shade, balancing, loose parts and inspiration
- Water for cooling, play and scientific enquiry
- Sand for construction, destruction and everything in between
- Camping is allowed opening up experiences such as shelter building, knots, hammocks and rope swings
- The BBQ pits can be used for fire lighting experiences and outdoor cooking
The park is accessible for those living in the east of Singapore and has plenty of shelters and amenities for comfort and protection from advserse weather.
Meeting & Welcome
Safety at Forest School
We head off when we are all ready
Make Camp & Social Snack Time (10.30am approx)
Everyone helps to make camp, get comfortable and we rest for a drink and a snack to which everyone contributes something healthy. No nuts, no disposable plastic and no highly processed foods please.
Learning through play experiences
The leader will set up two or three optional experiences and observe and support the learners in the activities that they choose or self-create. Experiences may be loose part play, arts and crafts, cultural or nature connections, imaginary play, classic Forest School experiences and so on.
Mindfulness and story time
We come together to calm our bodies and minds
We’ll have a story, and take the time to be grateful
Pack up and farewells, exit the forest or bring along a picnic lunch and stay a while longer.
The session will end at approximately 11.30am with some flexibility
- Please read our Forest School Handbook prior to the session. This contains useful information on what to wear, what to bring, and other useful tips about how we work together and how we respect nature.
- Please read our policies page for further information.
- After this trial session you will have the opportunity to join our Forest School programme in January.
- Younger or older siblings are welcome to attend with a child in the 18m to 4 year age range. The programme is suitable for most children until their 4th birthday.
- Babies who are not yet walking are free to come along but please let us know if you will be bringing a baby.
- This event requires 6 registrations in order to go ahead.
- Sold OutTrial Price: One child$25$250$0