Forest School Taster Session (MORNING 3-6yrs)
Time & Location
About the Event
Meeting & Welcome
Safety, boundaries and behaviour at Forest School
We head off when we are all ready
Nature Walk & Nature Connection
Make Camp & Social Snack Time (10am approx)
Everyone helps to make camp, get comfortable and we rest for a drink and a snack to which everyone contributes something . No nuts, disposable plastic or highly processed food pleased.
Learning through play experiences
The leader will set up two or three optional experiences and observe and support the learners in the activities that they choose or self-create. Experiences may be games, arts and crafts, cultural or nature connections, imaginary play and so on.
Mindfulness, reflection, and story time
We come together to calm our bodies and minds, we discuss what has happened during our session, the children can show and tell or say anything that they like, so can the adults, we’ll have a story, and take the time to be grateful
Pack up and farewells, exit the forest or bring along a picnic lunch and stay a while longer.
The session will end between 12.00-12.30pm and is determined by things like mood and energy levels,
We will send you a map of the nature park showing the exact meeting point prior to the session. Please aim to arrive 15 minutes early, especially if you have never been to Bukit Batok Nature Park before, we find many people struggle to find the correct meeting place their first time.
- We will send out our Forest School Handbook prior to the session. This contains useful information on what to wear, what to bring, and other useful tips about how we work together and how we respect nature.
- Please read our policies page for further information
- This is a one-off taster session and not Forest School. Forest School is partly defined as a long-term experience of regular sessions occurring over at least one year,
- You will have the opportunity to continue with Forest School by signing up to our August holiday programme or Term 3 starting in September. Attending a taster session is not a pre-requisite of signing up to the August holiday programme or Term 3.
- The Bukit Batok Nature Park location will not suit everybody. With enough demand and a suitable location we can open up other programmes in the future.
- Younger siblings are welcome to attend with an older child in the 3-6year age range
- The age range is a guide. Group dynamics and ability are more important. If you are unsure please ask.
- Babies who are not yet walking are free to come along but please let us know if you will be bringing a baby.
- This event requires 6 registrations in order to go ahead.
- Accompanied Child$25$250$0