(AVAILABLE) Forest School Taster Session (THURS A.M. 18m-3yrs)
Time & Location
About the Event
This taster session coincides with the first week of our August Holiday Programme which you will be able to join should you decide that Forest School is right for you and your child. We are limited to four taster places as the rest of the group spaces are reserved for those booked onto the five week holiday programme and we are committed to keeping group sizes small to minimise our impact on the environment and other users of the nature park.
Meeting & Welcome (09.30am)
Safety at Forest School
We head off when we are all ready
Make Camp & Social Snack Time (10.30am approx)
Everyone helps to make camp, get comfortable and we rest for a drink and a snack to which everyone contributes something healthy. No nuts, no disposable plastic and no highly processed foods please.
Learning through play experiences
The leader will set up two or three optional experiences and observe and support the learners in the activities that they choose or self-create. Experiences may be loose part play, arts and crafts, cultural or nature connections, imaginary play and so on.
Mindfulness and story time
We come together to calm our bodies and minds
We’ll have a story, and take the time to be grateful
Pack up and farewells, exit the forest or bring along a picnic lunch and stay a while longer.
The session will end at approximately 11.30am with some flexibility
We will send you a map of the nature park showing the exact meeting point prior to the session. Please aim to arrive 15 minutes early, especially if you have never been to Bukit Batok Nature Park before, we find many people struggle to find the correct meeting place their first time.
- We will send out our Forest School Handbook prior to the session. This contains useful information on what to wear, what to bring, and other useful tips about how we work together and how we respect nature.
- Please read our policies page for further information
- This is a one-off taster session and not Forest School. Forest School is partly defined as a long-term experience of regular sessions occurring over at least one year,
- You will have the opportunity to continue with Forest School by joining our August holiday programme or Term 3 starting in September. Attending a taster session is not a pre-requisite of signing up to the August holiday programme or Term 3.
- The Bukit Batok Nature Park location will not suit everybody. With enough demand and a suitable location we can open up other programmes in different locations in the future.
- Younger or older siblings are welcome to attend with a child in the 18m to 3year age range
- The age range is a guide. Group dynamics and ability are more important. If you are unsure please ask.
- Babies who are not yet walking are free to come along but please let us know if you will be bringing a baby.
- Accompanied Child$20$200$0